Friday, May 27, 2005

More Triton Gear

Since buying the Triton Router table on eBay, I figured having something to cut timber with would also be helpful, so again, I headed back to eBay, to check out what was available in the Triton Workcentre 2000 department.

I've been watching the auctions for Triton gear for quite some time, and knowing what you can buy stuff for at retail pricing, from places like Bunnings and Mitre 10 sell this gear for helps immensely. I guess if you had to make one rule for buying anything on eBay it would be to research what you are buying before you start bidding!!!

So, that rule being made, I knew that a Workcentre 2000, from Bunnings is worth around $450, and the Triton 235mm Circular Saw is in the vicinity of $350...

As luck would have it, there was a guy in Melbourne, with a Workcentre 2000 AND a Triton 235mm Circular Saw, with a starting price of $400, with a huge benefit of him being located in Melbourne, and the gear being brand new, still in the boxes...

I sent him a couple of messages about the gear, and then spoke to him. Turns out, he had some cash come his way, and went out to buy the Triton gear, the same day his wife bought him the same gear... Apparently she lost the receipts, and he already had his lot assembled when she gave it to him. Enter eBay :-)

He only had the Workcentre 2000 advertised, and when I spoke to him, mentioned he had the saw as well, so we agreed upon a price for both, and I agreed to bid the auction until I won it...

Needless to say, I won the auction, and for $740 I became the proud owner of the Workcentre 2000 and the 235mm Circular Saw, with local pickup... When I rocked up, I only had $730 on me, so he said that was cool... All round good deal for me... :-)

To make it even better, Mum had made me an IOU for my birthday last year, for exactly this gear.

No comments: