Sunday, July 24, 2005

How Cool is this???

I finally got off my ass, and downloaded a copy of Skype, one of the VOIP applications that are starting to pop up on the Internet.

For the pricely sum of 10 euro, (roughly $16 Aussie Dollars according to the currency converter at xe.com), I can place a call to any landline in the world, at an extremely reasonable rate...

To call a landline in the US, costs about $0.03 Aussie per minute, which per my calculations works out to 1.8 cents an hour...

I've called a couple of friends, as well as Mum and Dad, to see what the quality is like, and it's extremely good...

Given that Wayne and Fiona left for Japan for a year last night, this should save us a bucket of money on international calls!

Skype to Skype calls are excellent value, as they are free!!!

1 comment:

Andrew M said...

Ahh.... That'd explain why my SkypeOut account is going down a bit faster than I expected... :-)

Still a very cool service...

Called the US the other day for 30 minutes, for about 0.5 euros....