Friday, September 09, 2005

Flip Flop

Fair bit of water under the bridge since last Saturday...

Monday afternoon, I went to the funeral for Shirley Hilditch (Scott's Mum), which was a very nice service, and good to catch up with Scott and Gina, Trent and Caz, and others I've not had a chance to see for a while now...

After heading back to work, and finishing the day, I went off to a market research session, to do some advertisement assessment for a new range of advertisements which Bunnings are thinking of running.

After heading back to Mum and Dad's to dinner, I sort of fell in a big heap.

Tuesday, was the day from hell... I woke up around 8.30 or so, to go to work, but couldn't get out of bed. All my system wanted to do was sleep, sleep, and sleep some more...

Wednesday wasn't much better.

Thursday, I went to see a GP, trained in Big Blue, "The National Depression Initiative".

Friday morning, three people from the CAT Team at the Alfred Hospital came to see me, and one of the doctors declared me depressed. I've since been prescribed some anti-depressants, to buoy me up during the day, and valium, to help me sleep...

It's incredible how many people you talk to have been on these medications... I guess I'll give them a go, to see how things unfold...

Friday night, was Clarissa's Birthday dinner, which I had promised I would go to. I had a really good time, at Shine Cafe, out in Glen Waverley, although the service was appalling from all but one staff member.

Right now, I'm sitting on the bed in my old bedroom at Mum and Dad's, with the blind up, watching an awesome electrical storm go by, and fighting a half a valium, which was supposed to be a good idea, to help me sleep... Damn the interesting night life!!

No comments: